DePaul Cristo Rey is an affordable, Catholic, college preparatory high school.
DePaul Cristo Rey High School opened in June 2011 as part of the national Cristo Rey Network to serve those families who want a private, college preparatory education for their children but can’t afford it without significant financial assistance.
- DePaul Cristo Rey serves students in grades 9-12.
- Ours is a welcoming, co-educational community with students of diverse races, religions and socio-economic levels.
- Our current students attended Catholic, public, private and charter elementary and middle schools; some students were home-schooled.
- They live in communities ranging from Northern Kentucky to Butler County – and all points in between.
- DPCR is sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati and recognized by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati as a Catholic high school.
- DPCR accepts and respects students of all faith traditions.
Our Academic Program
- DePaul Cristo Rey offers only a college preparatory curriculum.
- It is the stated goal that all students will graduate from high school and college.
- College readiness begins in ninth grade with school-sponsored college visits, speakers and programs as well as individual counseling and assistance.
- An Honors Program is available to qualifying students beginning in sophomore year.
Our Corporate Work Study Program
- All students participate in the CWSP working five days a month in entry-level, professional positions at one of more than 100 Corporate Partner employers in Greater Cincinnati.
- This works offers real-world job experience while students earn a portion of the cost of their education.
- Academic schedules are structured so no class time is missed while students work.
- A required summer training program, CORE, helps prepare students for their jobs.
- Students work five days a month in the Corporate Work Study Program to pay part of their education costs.
- All students receive financial assistance.
- All families pay tuition based on what they can afford as measured by the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment.
- DPCR accepts Ohio EdChoice Scholarships.
- DPCR is a digitally based learning environment.
- All DPCR students receive a laptop computer.
- The laptop supports schoolwide email, electronic assignment submission, electronic grading, online homework and online course management.
- Two online programs, PowerSchool and Schoology, provide students and families access to grades, assignments, discipline information and promote communication between families, teachers and staff. These programs are password protected.